Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

Celebrating small steps


Well, I did it! I managed to get these two pieces finished and photographed in time to put them on a disc and get them in the mail.
These are the four shots I included in my submission: above, the complete shot of "Rhythm of the Earth" with a detail shot, right.
And below, a complete shot of "Portrait of the Viewer in Mixed Media with Found Objects," with a detail shot, below and right.



















It actually took longer than I thought to get the digital images to the specs they wanted. We tend to keep our camera set on a very high resolution which makes for large files. They wanted the files no larger than 3MB and I was able to do that with a combination of cropping and reshooting at a lower resolution. I also redid the discs a few times to get everything exactly the way I wanted it. I'm not sure what my chances will be of actually getting juried into the show (last year they took about one in three submissions), but at least I gave it my best shot (I think it was Wayne Gretsky who said "You always miss 100% of the shots you don't take")! After mailing the entry form and disc, I felt like celebrating, but without spending a lot or taking in a lot of calories! I settled for photographing the icicles hanging off the post office:



















And then I went home and baked double chocolate cookies! Happy weekend, everyone!

No comments: